Saturday, October 2, 2010

I THINK YOU NEED TO THINK STRATEGICALLY ABOUT WHO PUBLISHES YOUR BOOK

I think you need to think strategically about who publishes your book. Strategy requires much thought and care. Decisions about publishing are among the most important a writer ever makes. Shall I publish myself? Shall I submit book queries and proposals to a list of established publishing houses? What publishing houses whould I consider, the ones publishing the kind of books I write? If I decide to aim for an established publishing house, should I submit query and proposal only to them, or to more? If I self-publish, is that the same as "vanity publishing"?

Whatever your decision, be glad to take credit for it. Hey, we've all been there as authors. Some authors are "over the moon" happy about their decisions about publishing, while others end up "in the dumps" about it. Read as much as you can about others' experiences. All the best to you in researching and carrying through on this! 
Write the Perfect Book Proposal: 10 Proposals That Sold and WhyDan Poynter's Self-Publishing Manual, Volume 2: How to Write, Print and Sell Your Own Book (Dan Poynter's Self-Publishing Manual: How to Write, Print, &)

No comments: