Wednesday, January 28, 2015

"To God Be the Glory"-Principle 3. for this Christian Writer

"After all is said and done, when all has been hoped for and received, what is the point?" "What's It All About, .....?" "Is that All there Is?" 

 Those questions are not rare. "These are the days of Elijah."

As for me, only Jesus knows every high mountain I have had to, tried to, or chosen to climb and every valley I've found myself in or gotten myself into.  

Only Jesus knows what I've been through for whatever reasons, including my own blindness or deafness. Only He knows what you and I have gone through, are going through, and will go through so long as we live in this worldly world. 

Only Jesus knows. He walked this earth, was tempted yet never gave in. He heard its sounds and echoes, its every cry, and never despaired. Only the Son of God did all things well in love for and in obedience to the Father in heaven. Only Jesus. There is uniqueness in Him as in no other.

His perfect blood was shed on the cross for the sins of the world, to redeem all imprisoned by sin. He said, "And I, if I be lifted up, will draw all men unto Me." He even now draws all of creation, all nations, unto Himself. 

The downtrodden soul that turns to Him gets up. That is why as he rises he cries, "Hallelujah!"

Jesus Christ is the King of Glory. Only He can set the prisoner free. "It is for freedom that I have set you free," He said.

He reached out to me one day (I was reading a little book, a gift, that quoted Isaiah 41.10), and I could hardly believe the wonder of what He said:

Fear not,
for I am with you. 
Do not be afraid, 
for I am your God. 
I will strengthen you; 
yes, I will help you; 
yes, I will hold you up with My righteous right arm." 

I did not turn away, and He proved what He said.  

As you may be, I am concerned about many things. For example, think of cities facing dire times, such as Detroit and Chicago, New York and San Francisco. All our cities and country towns are struggling, if different statistics and leaders do not lie. Yet, all have been blessed by God. Many have turned away, refusing to be lifted up and their families and neighbors with them. Some are wealthy people; others are poor. 

The Living Word has been preached in many American cities over many decades. The gospel has been sung. The light and salt of Jesus Christ continues to be sent to uplift and save cities. Wherever the light and salt of Christ are accepted, the people are lifted up. Where they are rejected, the people walk in darkness.

"...I, if I be lifted up, will draw all men unto Me." 
"...I will hold you up with My righteous right arm."


God help us who are called Christian if ever we desire anything or anyone ahead of God. Writers, whom do you and I write to please? Therein lies our answer. 

May we, like Him, give and give and give. It is a merciful life, knowing Jesus as Savior. The LORD of Hosts is God. To God be the glory. May stiff words on this page soften in their reading, to revive the heart. 

"To God be the glory!" This third principle goes before and after the first and the second. In this, I rejoice! 
*****
Principle 2. is here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"May stiff words on this page soften upon their reading" well put!

Unknown said...

Deirdre, it is so good to get a comment on that post.