Friday, January 16, 2015

Key Principles of this Christian Writer_1. Start the day well

Life comes before work, clearly, and needs to be lived authentically. The first key principle is to start the day with God through praise, worship, and prayers. Here are some examples:

Scripture choices to stimulate thought and awe:
  • Read from one or more of the Gospel books, especially the words of Jesus (for example, ("...but with God, all things are possible for the one who believes." Nada es Imposible
  • NT letters, at this time focusing on 1 Thessalonians, how Christians are to live daily
  • OT Scriptures (frequently favoring the songs of Moses and Miriam)
  • Psalms (In these days, Psalms 148-150 lift my heart to praise God.)

Music
In these days, the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir helps me almost every morning. I allow as much time listening and worshiping as I am led of God, who helps me. I use YouTube (I try to ignore YT ads and exit asap)  to listen to and sing along with many songs on a growing favorites list. I frequently choose among these, which you, too, might enjoy:


Worthy is the Lamb
Hallelujah to the King of Glory
Days of Elijah*
Gloria* (beautiful in English and in Spanish) 
I Adore You (He is the "Prince of Peace"!)
I Bless Your Name*
and others 

Prayer 
Morning - Along with spontaneous prayer upon awaking, special music--gospel, old and new hymns, others--opens the way for talking freely to the Lord, with praises and with outpouring of desires and needs of the day.  

During the day - Prayers of thanksgiving, talking to God from my heart; wherever I am, whatever I am doing. I also pray, "Help me, Lord."  Sometimes, prayer begins: "Lord, help me to pray," and "Lord, I believe; help Thou my unbelief."

Evening - In recent times, I love to pray the child's prayer, to be in the frame of mind as God's child: 

"Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep; 
If I should die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take." 

I often pray the 23rd Psalm, which I learned as a child.

Remembrance - God Has a Plan
When I was in my late 30s I did not yet have clearer realization of God's call on my life, including being committed to writing. Writing almost daily and with pleasure was a hint of a calling. 
     I was rearranging loose bricks around a little garden in my parents' garden in North Carolina when my dad opened the door and said: "When you were little, I used to pray for God to watch over your hands." 
     That news, and the way my dad shared it, drew me closer to him. I discovered more and thought I understood more about the inspiration of Dad's prayers of earlier years. It is God who teaches my fingers to fight (Psalm 144:1a).

*Author Support Blog (this blog Respects Copyrights*
Look for Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir at YouTube.com for any links I have removed from this post due to their being blocked in this country for copyright reasons. Other links, in place as of 1/20/15, could become irrelevant for the same reason, but still available by title on YouTube.  


My next principle is 2. Be Careful.

No comments: