Friday, May 20, 2011

Tough Spots and Rising Tides

Christian Literatures 1Image by AHS Librarian via Flickr
A book marketing pro whom I respect sent an e-mail about guaranteed sales for small publishing houses and self-publishing authors. Immediately I wrote to inquire: Does this apply to Christian publishing? He replied quickly and reliably to say, in effect, "Sadly, no it does not. That is another case altogether."

Faith joined by family moral support and a committed and talented co-editor continue to lift my spirits and inspire me to keep going in the area of Christian writing and publishing, where success is measured differently.

My husband reminded me at one low point: "This boat may be about to rise." He referred to African Queen, a movie we had recently watched at home. In the story, just as the hero and heroine faced death in a boat paralyzed in an African marsh, heavy rains came and lifted their little boat, carrying it into the nearby sea. 

It is not only sunshine that nurtures us. The rain can lift our purpose in difficult times, to carry us into wider oceans of faith.  
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: